Join us for Canada's Robotics Moment, Feb 8 at the Autodesk Technology Centre
Join us for an in depth discussion on Canada's place amidst global trends and opportunities in the robotics market. Canada has a unique opportunity to leverage its international reputation in AI (artificial intelligence) to tap into the fast-growing commercial robotics market. Canada invested early and wisely in AI, culminating in the recent explosion in investment, commercial activity and global recognition.
Robotics is the next frontier for innovation and investment. The Canadarm delivered international profile for executing high-stakes feats of robotic ingenuity. That success has been repeated in field after field without similar recognition. It’s time to bring thought leaders and stakeholders together to shape a comprehensive national robotics strategy.
Led by Andra Keay, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Robotics, speakers will explore the collaborations, supports and partnerships needed to establish Canada as a global player in the commercial robotics market. A panel from industry, government and academia will discuss Canada’s strengths and how to capitalize on them to build a vibrant robotics industry.
2:30 pm. Welcome, Adriana Ieraci, Founder, GYBO Robotics Network
2:35 pm. A National Robotics Strategy for Canada, Hallie Siegel, Innovation Strategist
2:50 pm. Global Trends and Opportunities, Andra Keay, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Robotics
4:05 pm. Panel Discussion: Making it Happen
5:00 pm. Networking
Panel: Making it Happen
- Andra Keay, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Robotics
- Richard Kikuta, Director of Analytics and Advanced Technology, Ministry of Economic Development and Growth/Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science
- Hallie Siegel, Innovation Strategist
- Dr. Farzad Rayegani, Dean of Applied Technology, Humber College
- Dr. William Melek, Director of Mechatronics Engineering, University of Waterloo